Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's the first post! Woot! (9 pounds down already)

Well, it's time for a change.  I knew this time would come and I'm looking forward to it!! 

Ten years ago, I lost 50 pounds and, although I had more to lose, there were changes in my life that took my focus away from me and my weight loss.  The really cool thing is - I have kept the weight off for 10 years!  Yay me!!  :)  But now things have changed again and it's time to not only lose the rest of the weight for the sake of the weight (50 - 60 pounds) but also for my health.  I not only want to look like a "Hot Gramma" (har har) but I want to be the healthiest "Almost 50 yr old" I can be so I can stick around to watch my family grow and be a part of their lives and have an active, full life of my own.

So, although I changed my eating habits a few weeks ago, tonight was Exercise Day One.  Tonight was 12 minutes of stretching but it was faster paced than I thought and I re-acquainted myself was some muscle groups I thought had moved out of the vicinity.  heehee.  The first night is always alot of "Wait...what?? ... put my hand...where??...." But I kept up as best I could!

I also mowed the lawn earlier today and burned off more calories and fat outta those fat cells!  Woot!  :)  I made sure I drank plenty of water but now I'm feeling a bit waterlogged and something salty sounds really good.  I'm trying to listen to my body and, after all that water, maybe something salty isn't a bad idea soooo....what to eat??  So many salty choices....  But I decided to choose wisely and it's satisfying the salty craving:






Cheddar Cheese Rice Snacks!  They're pretty much mini rice cakes with cheddar cheese powdery stuff LOL  Yummmmm...  They did the trick!

Tomorrow - the eating plan :)  Talk to you then!

0 comments:

Post a Comment